Public Service Poster (2nd due)

Old poster:








































Justin's response: 

First off I really like your design. All the elements are structure and designed well. The message is good and fits well, when I first read it I understood it and think this would translate well to our generation, but older generation might not get the slang terms and be confused between the messages. For me I like how well it enforces it saying the mothers see this all the time due to having to do the laundry and they don't want see it in pubic fashion, as some people like to wear their pants down showing their underwear. One thing I would like to see is the rays in the middle pop out more and it may be fine where it is, but see if that helps or not. It may look different printed, but I don't know. Another thing is the, "it is the law part," is this really the law or is something we should enforce as the law? The take charge part is very decorative that is nicely designed and the only thing is have that element somewhere else maybe? I think if you do change anything all they are slight or fine tuning.I hope this helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Combine Justin's response and in-class critics, here is my response:

-Message: I agree with Justin that older generation might not understand and be confused. However the target of this poster is the young generation, mostly is people who into hiphop culture. So I keep it this way.
-Rays/halo in background: I've tried to brighten it up a little bit, try to make it pop out but it distracted the viewer from main elements. It better stays silent in the background.
-"It is the law": Thanks Justine for pointing it out, I've changed it to "This is the law" and have small lines in the bottom to explain the law and support the message.
-"take charge" ribbon: I couldn't find any place that can adapt the ribbon without interfering elements around it. I also changed the website to the official website of Wildwood city, NJ since "Take Charge" is just an organization that help the Wildwood city government to issued the law.
-5 Stars in the middle: I've decided to get rid of it since it doesn't help much. Also getting rid of it give me more space for the additional lines in the bottom.




Justin's second response:

I think the poster looks a lot cleaner. The five stars I did not say anything before about that because I did not really see it or remember that it was there, but that did make that extra space at the bottom. The text on the bottom is helpful in providing more info about what the message is trying to convey, so good job on that. I like the rays in the middle help to pop out other elements while not being too distracting. Nice job! 

My response:

Okay so I'll keep it like this. Thanks Justin!